2014년 3월 12일 수요일

Personal Statement


Watching movies(life of pie & 늑대아이)

eating 귤 in freezing winter

windy days

뿌요뿌요




I grew up in Korea, was educated in normal Korean schools and raised in normal family without having big problems. In such a normal environment, however, I used to be regarded as an odd and abnormal kid. I was the only kid who loves drawings and paintings in my family. I loved to make new ideas. When the lecture is about creating something new, I always did my best and tried to come up with creative and new ideas. I like the moment squeezing my brain to make different ideas. I guess that’s one of the most critical reasons for me to be in design classes.

I am slow and easygoing person. My nickname used to be a sloth or Buddha. Being slow doesn't mean that I’m lazy. I’m just a slow worker. Therefore, I’m sure that I could see the problem much carefully than other people. But since I care too much, there is a bad side of my slow and caring personality. Whenever the time I have to choose something comes, I hesitate a lot.

It’s because not only I think too much but also I have some kind of fear of making choices. I always thought that if I choose one thing out of others, then my choice would limit my potential interests of others. I feel fear on people regarding me as a certain character. This personality made me a person with uncertain tastes.

So, it became hard for me to say what I like and what I don’t like. Whenever I write a personal statement, I had to make up my favorite color, sports and such stuff. But, I guess this time I want to be honest. I haven’t thought about which color is my favorite and when it comes to other parts, I haven’t had many ideas as well. (But I like spaghetti the most for sure!!!)

This personality made me apply Techno-art. As a convergence discipline, I could learn various things. I didn’t have to be worried about my future major because techno-art has design, management and technology all together. But, as I get older, as I get closer to the time for choosing a certain job, I’m confused about what I should do in the future. I used to have many dreams. I wanted to be painter, writer, advertisement designer, and director. As I see something new, I addict to it and think about it all the time. But, when it comes to job for living, I don’t know whether I really want to do it. Right now, I’m still sniffing around for the right job which I like and also I am good at. Taking UX prototyping class is one of those trials.


The first time I heard the term ‘user experience design(UX)’ was at the HCI conference. I worked there as a staff for three days. During the conference, I could have a chance to attend many UX lectures but, at that time, I wasn't interested in it. However, there were a lot of different and new ideas which give people convenience for their daily life. Most of the theses were about the improving people’s life, fulfilling the lacked aspects that people are suffering from. After two years in Yonsei University, I now know the importance of experience and the impact of experience. I regret badly that I didn't actively join in the conference. Since HCI conference was held in ski resort, the memory I have about conference is mostly about stupid falling when skiing. Anyway, I’m glad that I could learn more about UX design. I would like to have a chance to make specific user experience design and prototype the actual product or service. (Tangible and actual working prototype) 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기